default priors page; allow anyone to edit wiki?

Allen B. Riddell

Jun 5, 2015, 10:08:45 AM6/5/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, we talked about possibly experimenting with allowing
anyone to edit the Stan github wiki. Did we want to follow up on this? I
think this came up in the context of potentially adding a page where
folks could list useful default informative priors e.g., student_t(7, 0,
2.5) for regression coefficients in logistic regression.

If vandalism becomes a problem we could revert the change.

I'm willing to create the default weakly informative priors page and
populate it with the priors from
http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/presentations/weakpriorstalk.pdf
(Correct me if I'm wrong about student_t(7, 0, 2.5) replacing Cauchy(0,
2.5).)

Best wishes,

Allen

p.s. Users can edit the github wiki using Wikipedia syntax if they
aren't familiar with Markdown.

Daniel Lee

Jun 5, 2015, 10:10:40 AM6/5/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I think we should. If we have any issues, we can lock it down and create a new repo that's open for editing.

Daniel Lee

Jun 5, 2015, 10:31:56 AM6/5/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I just opened up the wiki for public editing.

Bob Carpenter

Jun 5, 2015, 12:43:44 PM6/5/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Andrew --- there isn't actually a wiki page yet (at least that
I could see).

You can create a new Wiki with whatever title you want (modulo
some special characters). Go here:

https://github.com/stan-dev/stan/wiki

then click on the green "New Page" button in the upper right.
Then make sure you click the "Save Page" button early and often
so you don't accidentally lose any intermediate work.

We can then add it to the table-of-contents when you have made it;
can't do that until there's a title.

- Bob

Andrew Gelman

Jun 5, 2015, 9:37:54 PM6/5/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. I’m too overwhelmed right now to do this but I hope soon. It goes well with this new project of ours.