rtools on windows

Jiqiang Guo

Jul 16, 2015, 3:00:18 PM7/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up that the Rtools version https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/Rtools33.exe, the one that is not frozen, is not working for both cmdstan and rstan, at least for me.

Jiqiang

Ben Goodrich

Jul 16, 2015, 3:32:24 PM7/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com, guo...@gmail.com
What is the error?

Jiqiang Guo

Jul 16, 2015, 3:55:33 PM7/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
It turns out it's a false alarm.  I had another gcc 4.6.3 somehow installed by some perl program, which doesn't work for stan.  But I thought it's in rtools.

Jiqiang

Avraham Adler

Jul 17, 2015, 12:10:58 PM7/17/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 3:55:33 PM UTC-4, Jiqiang Guo wrote:
> It turns out it's a false alarm.  I had another gcc 4.6.3 somehow installed by some perl program, which doesn't work for stan.  But I thought it's in rtools.

The current Rtools is still based on 4.6.3, and development of the 4.9-based branch has stalled, although it does exist (and I have a local copy from a while ago if anyone needs). You probably had both in your PATH and something was conflicting.