recurring GitHub issue

Bob Carpenter

Aug 24, 2016, 8:22:17 AM8/24/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on issues branched from develop and then from
each other, and inevitably after doing some work I get this:

> git status
# deleted: src/test/test-models/good/function-signatures/math/matrix/append_col
# deleted: src/test/test-models/good/function-signatures/math/matrix/append_row

without ever touching those files. If I do a

> git checkout -- ...

the problem goes away. But how do I prevent it from continuing
to happen? Is the checkout not the right solution?

- Bob

Bob Carpenter

Aug 24, 2016, 9:53:16 AM8/24/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I should also add that when I do the branch and after I push
the branch to origin, everything looks clean. It's only after
editing completely unrelated files that this pops up for some reason
that's beyond my ability to debug.

- Bob

Daniel Lee

Aug 24, 2016, 11:16:26 AM8/24/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Looks like some binaries we're force added to the repo. We just have to git rm them and push.

If no one gets to it, I'll handle it when I have time.

Daniel

Bob Carpenter

Aug 24, 2016, 4:24:17 PM8/24/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
OK, I finally looked at the damn file and realized they
were binaries. I git rm-ed them on my most recent pull
request.

But what I don't understand is why they
kept showing up as deleted. is that because when I did
a clean-all they got scrubbed? I guess that'd be the
downside to building in place if that's where it came from.

- Bob