Re: [stan-users] Stan Shop update

Bob Carpenter

Jul 28, 2015, 3:19:15 PM7/28/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
[moved to stan-dev]

Too many decisions. Do we include Stan, mc-stan.org, or
nothing? What size is it? Transparent or not? Which of
the umpteen graphics formats to include? How fat is the white
border if not transparent?

Or do we just offer them all and let users pick?

Feel free to set it up yourself if you have time. I hate
hate hate managing these things because I'm terrible at it and
lose half a day no matter how simple someone tells me the web
site is. And this one looks pretty simple.

- Bob

> On Jul 28, 2015, at 2:35 AM, Jeffrey Arnold <jeffrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You should create a Stan sticker for sale on https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Michael Betancourt <betan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No other colors!
>
> On Jul 27, 2015, at 9:20 PM, Bob Carpenter <ca...@alias-i.com> wrote:
>
> > Michael's already got the US shop updated.
> >
> > http://mc-stan.spreadshirt.com
> >
> > The new logo isn't so compatible colorwise, especially
> > with a transparent background. We may need to do one with
> > a white circle behind it for other colors.
> >
> > - Bob
> >
> >> On Jul 26, 2015, at 8:47 PM, bee <ceiiino...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thank you! I look forward to new ones. I will buy them in September.
> >>
> >> -Bee
> >>
> >> On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 5:31:21 AM UTC+9, Bob Carpenter wrote:
> >> Yes, we're working on it. I tried just today, but turns
> >> out I need a higher-res version than we have in SVG for them
> >> to print it, so I have to wait for Michael to create it.
> >>
> >> So soon! If you are interested, check out spreadshirt.com
> >> and let us know which t-shirt you'd want.
> >>
> >> - Bob

Jeffrey Arnold

Jul 31, 2015, 12:42:37 AM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
It seems most of the stickers that I've seen are die-cut and start with 2x2 size. Maybe do 2x2 for the version die cup for the logo ( https://github.com/stan-dev/logos/blob/master/logo.svg ). And a 2 x 3 or something for a version with the name ( https://github.com/stan-dev/logos/blob/master/logo_name.svg ).  Next time there's a big talk, order some as swag to give away: people love stickers. And non-zero stickers is greater than zero stickers.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stan development mailing list" group.

Michael Betancourt

Jul 31, 2015, 6:08:04 AM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I think a giant Stan wall graphic for the office wins: https://www.stickermule.com/products/wall-graphics.

I don’t have the spare cash to buy the minimum order (around $60) but I can make
the account if someone wants to sponsor a purchase for JSM.

Michael Betancourt

Jul 31, 2015, 6:10:26 AM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Also, the laptop skins, https://www.stickermule.com/products/laptop-skins, are really temping,
especially with the logo in front of the ensemble trajectory.

Bob Carpenter

Jul 31, 2015, 4:49:46 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Too late. I ordered 100 3" x 3" (will be 2.5" x 3" or so after die-cutting)
from StickerMule. If they're decent, we can set up a shop through StickerMule.

And I chose the mc-stan.org version, since that's what we went with
for t-shirts. After I see how these look (I hope to get them in time
to pass out at the Ann Arbor meetup), I can decide what to do next.

They're pretty cheap if you order in bulk.

- Bob

Bob Carpenter

Jul 31, 2015, 4:50:47 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
You have to send them e-mail to sell things that you don't buy.

I'm not a laptop skin sort of guy, but I can see the appeal.

- Bob

Daniel Lee

Jul 31, 2015, 4:53:04 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com

When's the Ann arbor meet up? I'll be at the machine learning meet up in nyc on August 20. I can order a bunch too if they're good.

Michael Betancourt

Jul 31, 2015, 5:03:22 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
But how will people know we’re on the Stan team if it’s
not blazingly advertised on our laptops?

Daniel Lee

Jul 31, 2015, 5:04:26 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com

Moar stickers.

Michael Betancourt

Jul 31, 2015, 5:15:37 PM7/31/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'll reiterate that if there’s funding I think
there’s enough time to get stickers to the
west coast in time for JSM...

Bob Carpenter

Aug 1, 2015, 3:28:54 PM8/1/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Next Wednesday. StickerMule says they shipped already, so
I should have them for the talk.

- Bob

Bob Carpenter

Aug 1, 2015, 3:30:54 PM8/1/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I just bought them myself. I'm happy to pay for ones for you
for the West Coast if it's under $100.

Then we need to figure out how to buy them in bulk (where
they'll be much cheaper than $0.60 each). I don't feel like
shelling out $1000 out of pocket to order 1000 each of 3
different kinds of stickers.

- Bob