Consistency of | in CDFs?

Michael Betancourt

Aug 22, 2016, 9:56:09 PM8/22/16
to stan development mailing list
What’s the current pattern for the CDFs?

For example, the Poisson CDF is called with poisson_cdf(1, rate)
but the log of the Poisson CDF is called with poisson_lcdf(1 | rate).

Is this just a parser bug or the intended behavior?

Jonah Gabry

Aug 28, 2016, 4:54:58 PM8/28/16
to stan development mailing list
I ran into this too recently, and I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. Bob?

Jonah

Bob Carpenter

Aug 28, 2016, 6:23:21 PM8/28/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
No, it wasn't intentional. I just forgot we had
the linear CDFs. See:

https://github.com/stan-dev/stan/issues/2034

- Bob