How do you call NUTS classic?

Ben Goodrich

Jun 22, 2016, 12:29:50 AM6/22/16
to stan development mailing list
I do not see how to do it in the doc or command.hpp for CmdStan. Also, it seems to be not known to the binary when you do help-all

  engine=<list element>

Engine for Hamiltonian Monte Carlo

Valid values: static, nuts

Defaults to nuts

Ben

Michael Betancourt

Jun 22, 2016, 1:03:29 AM6/22/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
NUTS Classic, XHMC, and RHMC were not exposed through the
arguments.  I just added them to the MCMC code.

Ben Goodrich

Jun 22, 2016, 1:08:54 AM6/22/16
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 1:03:29 AM UTC-4, Michael Betancourt wrote:
NUTS Classic, XHMC, and RHMC were not exposed through the
arguments.  I just added them to the MCMC code.

So, we are releasing v2.10.0 without being able to call NUTS classic?

Michael Betancourt

Jun 22, 2016, 4:02:23 AM6/22/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Correct.  NUTS Classic is for backend testing.