Official C++ Guidelines

Michael Betancourt

Sep 24, 2015, 11:22:38 AM9/24/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Lee

Sep 24, 2015, 11:52:39 AM9/24/15
to stan-dev mailing list
Nice! What's the takeaway? Are there things we can enforce with tools?

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Michael Betancourt <betan...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://isocpp.org/blog/2015/09/bjarne-stroustrup-announces-cpp-core-guidelines

Michael Betancourt

Sep 24, 2015, 11:55:29 AM9/24/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
There will be soon.  They have a static checker now, I believe the hope is that
the compilers will all implement the guidelines directly.  But in any case
probably good principles to keep in mind for the future.

Bob Carpenter

Sep 24, 2015, 12:52:17 PM9/24/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Is there a link to the guidelines somewhere? I looked at the
repo, but the README didn't say where to look.

- Bob

Marcus Brubaker

Sep 24, 2015, 2:14:59 PM9/24/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com

Ben Goodrich

Sep 24, 2015, 2:15:12 PM9/24/15
to stan development mailing list
On Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 12:52:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Carpenter wrote:
Is there a link to the guidelines somewhere?  I looked at the
repo, but the README didn't say where to look.

https://github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md

Bob Carpenter

Sep 24, 2015, 5:14:01 PM9/24/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. That looks like it'll take some reading.

- Bob