stackoverflow question monitoring?

Allen B. Riddell

Jun 16, 2015, 11:48:51 AM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
There are questions tagged with "stan", "rstan", and "pystan" showing up
on Stackoverflow at a respectable rate. (I also notice that the pymc
devs are fielding a lot of questions on Stackoverflow.)

In the interest of getting these questions answered, it might be useful
to write a script to "forward" all questions tagged with "stan", "rstan"
or "pystan" into stan-users or (a new mailing list) stan-users-external.

Thanks,

Allen

Daniel Lee

Jun 16, 2015, 12:00:09 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
There's a way to "subscribe" to tags... I have one for stan already, but I haven't set that to forward to a list. If you want me to, I can.

Daniel

Ido Rosen

Jun 16, 2015, 12:03:41 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Another option is to have Jenkins/cron run a nightly StackOverflow API
search for new questions:
https://api.stackexchange.com/docs/advanced-search

Allen B. Riddell

Jun 16, 2015, 1:10:32 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I didn't know you could subscribe to tags. I'll subscribe to pystan,
stan, and rstan tags on all sites and do my best to help out. (Ben seems
like he's been answering most of the questions.)

Best,

Allen

Bob Carpenter

Jun 16, 2015, 3:36:00 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
How do you subscribe? I didn't see anything on the site and
a search didn't help. Do I have to use some top-level stackexchange
thing?

- Bob

Ben Goodrich

Jun 16, 2015, 4:38:56 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com, ca...@alias-i.com
While signed in, hover over the stan icon on the left of

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/stan

Bob Carpenter

Jun 16, 2015, 4:47:00 PM6/16/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks --- that worked when I clicked on "subscribe" on the popup
and then confirmed via e-mail after logging into stackoverflow.

- Bob

Avraham Adler

Jun 17, 2015, 1:37:30 PM6/17/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
For what it is worth, there is a stan tag on Cross-Validated as well.

Avi

Bob Carpenter

Jun 17, 2015, 4:15:54 PM6/17/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Nice --- Ben's answered a ton of questions over there!

- Bob