argument testing alone isn't enough

Daniel Lee

Oct 27, 2015, 6:06:58 PM10/27/15
to stan-dev mailing list
The arguments were created consistently, just wrong. The argument test will have tested it the way it was built. It cast the double value to a character and moved on.

The seg fault happened with the cast of the pointer in CmdStan. It was cast to the wrong type. There isn't a way to fix that using pointers. It's programmer error and a test from within Stan wouldn't have caught it.

The real fix is to do this without pointers. I think we're heading that direction, but in the future.

Daniel