StanCon. Saturday, January 21, 2017

Daniel Lee

Sep 19, 2016, 7:11:19 PM9/19/16
to stan...@googlegroups.com, stan...@mc-stan.org
Stan is having its first conference in January! Registration will open at the end of September.
http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon.html

When:
Saturday, January 21, 2017
9 am - 5 pm

Where:
Davis Auditorium, Columbia University
530 West 120th Street
4th floor (campus level), room 412
New York, NY 10027

Registration:

Registration will open at the end of September.

Early registration (on or before December 20, 2016):
- Student: $50
- Academic: $100
- Industry: $200

This will include coffee, lunch, and some swag.

Late Registration (December 21, 2016 and on):
- Student: $75
- Academic: $150
- Industry: $300
This will include coffee and lunch. Probably won't get swag.

Contributed talks:

We're looking for contributed talks. We will start accepting submissions at the end of September.

The contributed talks at StanCon will be based on interactive, self-contained notebooks, such as knitr or Jupyter, that will also take the place of proceedings.  For example, you might demonstrate a novel modeling technique or a simplified version of a novel application. Each submission should include the notebook and separate files containing the Stan program, data, initializations if used, and a permissive license for everything such as CC BY 4.0.

Tentative Schedule:

8:00- 9:00 Registration / Coffee / Breakfast
9:00 - 9:20 Opening remarks
9:20 - 10:30 Session 1
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:30 Session 2
12:30 - 2:00 Lunch
2:00 - 3:15 Session 3
3:15 - 3:45 Coffee break
3:45 - 5:00 Session 4

Sponsorship:

We are looking for some sponsorship to either defer costs or provide travel assistance. Please email sta...@mc-stan.org for more information.

Organizers:

Michael Betancourt (Columbia University)
Tamara Broderick (MIT)
Jonah Gabry (Columbia University)
Andrew Gelman (Columbia University)
Ben Goodrich (Columbia University)
Daniel Lee (Columbia University)
Eric Novik (Stan Group Inc)
Lizzie Wolkovich (Harvard University)

Avraham Adler

Sep 19, 2016, 8:00:15 PM9/19/16
to stan development mailing list, stan...@mc-stan.org
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 7:11:19 PM UTC-4, Daniel Lee wrote:
> Stan is having it's first conference in January! Registration will open at the end of September.

> http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon.html
>

> When:
> Saturday, January 21, 2017
> 9 am - 5 pm

Not going to work for any of us Sabbath observers :(

I'll just have to meet y'all another time.

Avi