lme4 paper at JStatSoft

Bob Carpenter

Oct 26, 2015, 2:48:14 PM10/26/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone's interested the paper finally came out:

http://www.jstatsoft.org/article/view/v067i01

Looks like lots of math.

- Bob

P.S. Having a name that autocorrects to "lame" is
unfortunate. I can't turn off pro-active spelling
correction in the subject line of the Apple mailer.

Ben Goodrich

Oct 26, 2015, 3:39:18 PM10/26/15
to stan development mailing list
On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 2:48:14 PM UTC-4, Bob Carpenter wrote:
In case anyone's interested the paper finally came out:

http://www.jstatsoft.org/article/view/v067i01

Looks like lots of math.

In case anyone doesn't know whether they are interested, rstanarm uses the lme4 functions described in its section 2 to ensure that we use the same likelihood, term ordering, etc. So, suggestions about how to enhance stan_glmer() need to stay consistent with that.

Ben