Eigen Include

Michael Betancourt

Jun 23, 2015, 7:56:16 AM6/23/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
What’s the current requirement for including Eigen in Stan code (just Eigen, nothing else)?

Bob Carpenter

Jun 23, 2015, 12:53:26 PM6/23/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure we only use the main Eigen library in compiling
Stan programs. bin/print uses the unsupported FFT module for
autocorrelation in n_eff calculations.

- Bob

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 7:56 AM, Michael Betancourt <betan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What’s the current requirement for including Eigen in Stan code (just Eigen, nothing else)?

Michael Betancourt

Jun 23, 2015, 12:59:19 PM6/23/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I mean the minimal include — before including <Eigen/Core> directly would
break all of the metaprograms so there was a special order in which things
had to be included. With the refactor of math what is the current state of
using Eigen in internal code?

Ben Goodrich

Jun 23, 2015, 1:05:23 PM6/23/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com, betan...@gmail.com
I think it is just

#include<stan/math/prim/mat/fun/Eigen.hpp>

which seems to just come alphabetically in math.hpp.

Ben

On Jun 23, 2015, at 5:50 PM, Bob Carpenter <ca...@alias-i.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure we only use the main Eigen library in compiling
> Stan programs.  bin/print uses the unsupported FFT module for
> autocorrelation in n_eff calculations.
>
> - Bob
>
>> On Jun 23, 2015, at 7:56 AM, Michael Betancourt <betan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What’s the current requirement for including Eigen in Stan code (just Eigen, nothing else)?

Bob Carpenter

Jun 23, 2015, 1:45:31 PM6/23/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Correct --- I refactored the order dependency away by
removing our code injection of a typedef into Eigen and replacing
it with a template metaprogram to infer scalar types of a container.

- Bob