Eigen 3.2.6 upgrade?

Sebastian Weber

Oct 12, 2015, 4:20:16 PM10/12/15
to stan development mailing list
Hi!

The new Eigen stable release has some fixes interesting for Intel MKL 11.2 users (relevant for Stan programs)... maybe worth considering an upgrade?

Best,
Sebastian

Bob Carpenter

Oct 12, 2015, 4:23:42 PM10/12/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
We'll upgrade whenever RcppEigen upgrades.

We've now tied our chariot to theirs for better or worse.
It was necessary for CRAN, but has many drawbacks.

I do not want to go down the path of supporting multiple
concurrent versions of Eigen if we can at all avoid it.

You (Sebastian or other users) can specify your own library
version to use from RStan --- don't know if they've monkeyed
with other compatibility issues. I hope not given it's not
a major version, but they (and Boost) keep changing behaviors
that bite us.

- Bob