please update wiki about stan's model concept

Jiqiang Guo

Jun 18, 2015, 10:59:25 PM6/18/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
It’s here https://github.com/stan-dev/stan/wiki/Model-Concept

The problem is that write_csv_header is gone with write_cv so that building rstan develop branch is broken for now.

Thanks,

Jiqiang

Bob Carpenter

Jun 19, 2015, 3:14:04 PM6/19/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
I thought we had a discussion and nobody was using write_csv
or write_csv_header, so I removed them.

Which one were you using? They didn't match in parameter
order.

Is it possible to use the remaining methods to do what you need?
I'd rather not have redundant methods in the model. But we can
if necessary.

- Bob

Daniel Lee

Jun 19, 2015, 3:15:52 PM6/19/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
write_csv_header() is being used in stan_fit.hpp (the equivalent of CmdStan's command.hpp)

This is where we're drifting. I think I can help fix this.

Daniel

Bob Carpenter

Jun 19, 2015, 3:28:04 PM6/19/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if I need to add write_csv_header() back in.
I think it can just be worked around with the other method,
but of the two write_csv methods, it's the easier one to
reinsert as it doesn't do a ton of related code gen inside.

- Bob

Jiqiang Guo

Jun 19, 2015, 10:41:51 PM6/19/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
It’s ok. I guess we need to use function constrained_param_names instead (that is why I wasn’t asking putting it back in the first place).

Jiqiang

Bob Carpenter

Jun 20, 2015, 4:18:05 PM6/20/15
to stan...@googlegroups.com
The constrained and unconstrained params names should be the same.

- Bob