Javascript api for mag250 / stalker

Dorijan Jelincic

Mar 31, 2014, 5:43:03 PM3/31/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all...
I am new here, so maybe I will ask stupid question.
I am using Stalker as my middleware and I have just build imageupdate.

I will be using Stalker and mag250 in smart hotel environment.

One thing I want to do is I want to be able to exit from standby (so that tv shows picture)on demand when guest enters the room.
I saw there is a stb.StandBy. But how can I call it on specific mag250 and in specific time?
Thank you...

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Apr 1, 2014, 9:50:31 AM4/1/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
You can reboot stb remotly using stalker api, stb after reboot will automatically turning on.

Dorijan Jelincic

Apr 1, 2014, 5:52:21 PM4/1/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yesssss it works :) thank you
p.s. in does not exist in engish pages for api...

is there a way to get stb out of standby without rebooting? or can I redirect him to page where I will call javascript api to stb.StandBy?

Dorijan Jelincic

Apr 2, 2014, 7:07:52 AM4/2/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
And can you describe a little how this events are working? Does the set top box query stalker(via ajax or something like that) or does the stalker sends command to stb? Unicast? Multicast?
Can response time be smaller? Now it takes 30 seconds-1 minute event to execute...

thank you

Андрей Резников

Apr 2, 2014, 7:17:10 AM4/2/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I'm begin from the end.
Response time is configured in stalker config. Its name is "watchdog_timeout". Default value is 120 seconds. You can set its value to 1 minute (less not recommended)

Every "watchdog timeouts" stb get from stalker events. This events you can set from stalker_portal administrative interface.

Dorijan Jelincic

Apr 2, 2014, 9:45:12 AM4/2/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, it is working on, I set watchdog_timeout to 5 seconds...
I will have about 230 mag250 set top boxes, so I dont think it will have big impact on server...
But I am still having problem with waking up from standby, and one thing that is working is if I send event=reboot
and this is not a good solution, because it takes too much time for stb to boot...
Is there any other way?
Thank you...

AgnitumuS

Apr 2, 2014, 9:48:05 AM4/2/14
to Stalker Middleware on behalf of Dorijan Jelincic
What You need to do ???
It’s not good idea to set watchdog_timeout to less than 1 minute !!! DO NOT DO IT !!!
2 апр. 2014, в 16:45, Dorijan Jelincic, Stalker Middleware <stalker-middleware+noreply-APn2w...@googlegroups.com> написал(а):

--
Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "Stalker Middleware".
Чтобы отменить подписку на эту группу и больше не получать от нее сообщения, отправьте письмо на электронный адрес stalker-middlew...@googlegroups.com.

Dorijan Jelincic

Apr 2, 2014, 10:08:19 AM4/2/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
My goal is: when guest for the first time enters the hotel room (I can send that info via API or write direct to database), set top box and a tv must be switched on. Since mag250 (yet) dont support CEC, one my controller will power on tv, and I must somehow  power on set top box (or exit from standby)...
now I am looking a way to make that happen...

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Apr 2, 2014, 12:25:32 PM4/2/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
is there a way to get stb out of standby without rebooting? or can I redirect him to page where I will call javascript api to stb.StandBy?
 As far as I can see at the moment is the only way to do this, all other methods require significant changes in source code.