How to set up and use EPG

Acuario

Jan 25, 2013, 3:08:18 AM1/25/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Are there any instructions on EPG, what is the format, how to set it up, how to use an external source (is it xmltv?)
Thanks

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Jan 25, 2013, 5:38:40 AM1/25/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yes, stalker uses xmltv.
All you need is to specify the xmltv source in the "EPG" section and specify xmltv_id for channels in the "IPTV channels" section.
Then you can run the update in the EPG section by clicking on "Update EPG".

Acuario

Jan 25, 2013, 6:48:22 AM1/25/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I tried this but it didn't work. I have channels numbered 1, 2, 3 etc., and I tried with the http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/xmltv.xml.gz file (to test it out)
but I get :

Successful: 0 channels
Deleted: 0 records
Queries: 3

I also tried with some hand crafted xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<channel id="1">
<display-name lang="en">Channel 1</display-name>
</channel>
<programme start="20130125163000 +0100" stop="20130125180000 +0100" channel="1">
<title lang="en">Title of program</title>
<desc lang="en">Description</desc>
<category lang="en">category</category>
but the same result - nothing.

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Jan 25, 2013, 10:10:07 AM1/25/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Do you specify xmltv id = 1 for channel "Channel 1" when you edit this channel on the "IPTV channels" page?

Acuario

Jan 25, 2013, 11:18:37 AM1/25/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
That was what I was missing. It's easy when you know how!
Thanks

Rich W

Aug 11, 2013, 6:26:43 PM8/11/13
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Can you please explain where you get the source url from and is that litterally it, nothing to install, jut paste the url into epg on portal and channel id against each channel.

Thanks, any help apreciatd,doing my head in is this.

Rolly Kaunang

Apr 20, 2015, 2:54:11 PM4/20/15
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

Successful: 0 channels
Deleted: 0 records
Queries: 5
Exec time: 0s
    I got above notification when i force update this xmltv what is wrong?could you please check it out thanks
here is my xmltv
http://manadosiar.com:8083/indonesia-epg/telkomvision.com.channels.xml
here file .ini
http://manadosiar.com:8083/indonesia-epg/telkomvision.com.ini

Iam using stalker portal server version stalker_portal-4.9.15

Thank You

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Apr 29, 2015, 11:34:01 AM4/29/15
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
This file does not contain "programme" section.
<channels>
</channels>
<programme ...>
</programme>
Message has been deleted

Netherlands Box

Apr 29, 2015, 3:05:10 PM4/29/15

On Friday, January 25, 2013 10:08:18 AM UTC+2, Acuario wrote:
Are there any instructions on EPG, what is the format, how to set it up, how to use an external source (is it xmltv?)
Thanks'

Hello

We provide to many clients epg around the world.
If you want epg for stalker or other solution add me to skype visioniptv

cybertv

May 7, 2016, 11:13:54 PM5/7/16
to Stalker Middleware
Hello,
I was looking everywhere to find the solution to the EPG problem that I am having.  I am not able to find a solution yet.  Can someone please help me to figure this out?
I have setup the servers following the stalker middleware setup instructions. I am not sure if I have missed anything.
I go the file for the epg downloaded (xmltv.xml) and put it into the proper folder so that it can be access by stalker - > EPG.
I updated the channel ids and when I tried to update the EPG, I got the following (I only put the ch_id for 9 channels):

Successful: 9 channels
Deleted: 2925 records
Queries: 145
Exec time: 1.44s

Now, on the MAG254 boxes, I cant get the EPG to show up.  Someone please help me on this.

Thank you.

cybertv

May 8, 2016, 10:11:50 PM5/8/16
to Stalker Middleware
figured out.. outdated file had programs up to 2015/09.