Image is not compatible with this STB.

Marek Kojdecki

Sep 24, 2014, 1:54:40 PM9/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I've caught this message after creating imageupdate and pulling it by STB via tftp:

Image is not compatible with this STB.
Waiting operator command.

Please tell me when this message is printed.

Release: 0.2.18-r3
Utils: operators_utils_new_mag200_mag250_mag254
rootfs: rootfs-0.2.18r3

all from:
http://soft.infomir.com.ua/mag250/release/0.2.18-r3/

Results:

File vmlinux.sign create - successfully!!!
Image Name:   MAG250 SH4 Kernel Linux 2.6.17
Created:      Wed Sep 24 19:32:33 2014
Image Type:   SuperH Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size:    3208097 Bytes = 3132.91 kB = 3.06 MB
Load Address: 0x80800000
Entry Point:  0x80801000
File uImzlib_mag250.img create - successfully!!!
Make rootfs image ../rootfs-0.2.18r3
Append digital signature MAG200_OP_KEY=STB_PUBLIC
File ./sumsubfsnone.img.sign create - successfully!!!
gpg
(GnuPG) 1.4.14

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
File result:./
imageupdate
Create section "Kernel size:" and append file ./uImzlib_mag250.img.
Create section "Image  size:" and append file ./sumsubfsnone.img.sign.
Create section "Env size:" and append file ./images/env_mag250.txt.
Create section "Userfs size:" and append file ./images/userfs.img.
Create section "SecondBoot size:" and append file ./images/SbootIm_mag250.
File ./imageupdate create - successfully!!!

so all should be fine...

JDVU

Sep 24, 2014, 4:24:56 PM9/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
PublicImage - image which is signed with standard “public key” - STB_PUBLIC.
Updating variants: Starting from 0.2.14-r8 updates via HTTP or USB from portal on manufacturer firmware versiononly, («manufacturer firmware» - firmware versions that were assembled directly by the manufacturer and provided for automatic and manual updates by manufacturer's URL).
From Booloader menu can be updated on PublicImage or CustomImage (transitional version) via Multicast/USB with bootstrap/TFTP

CustomImage - image which is signed with “custom-key”. This key is created by operator without manufacturer.
Updating variants: Updates via HTTP or USB from portal on firmware versions that are signed by the same key (custom-key). Is used if there is a need in STB update from portal (HTTP or USB update method).
From Booloader menu can be updated on PublicImage or CustomImage (transitional version) via Multicast/USB with bootstrap/TFTP

Update STB on "CustomImage" in two stages:

  • 4.1 On the “transitional” firmware image - update on firmware version 0.2.14-r8 and above only via Multicast or (USB&Bootstrap from Bootloader menu); - On firmware versions below 0.2.14-r8 using any update method.
  • 4.2 On the “final” firmware image - Update to image which is signed by «Custom-key» possible only via HTTP or (USB without Bootstrap from portal system settings menu)

Marek Kojdecki

Sep 25, 2014, 2:36:55 AM9/25/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I've created imageupdate using release 0.2.18-r5 and it worked...

Release: 0.2.18-r5
Utils: operators_utils_new_mag200_mag250_mag254
rootfs: rootfs-0.2.18r5

So if i understand correctly.
When I'm receiving imageupdate from tftp/multicast it can be signed by STB_PUBLIC, but after that when updating via http/usb updated imageupdate must be also signed by STB_PUBLIC.
But, when image via tftp/multicast is signed by my custom key, new imageupdate (via http/usb) must be signed with that same key (my custom key) and no other.
So I can change key only when using tftp/multicast, right?