Video output/Framerate 50Hz 60Hz

Anis Berhil

Jul 30, 2014, 12:29:47 AM7/30/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is an issue that I encountered which is due to the fact that MAG box is sooo good.
Problem is generated because there are 2 settings to set frame rate 50Hz vs 60Hz.

Video output set the framerate of the menu while navigating inside the portal (not channels). to 50Hz OR 60H

Autoframerate: set the framerate while viewing channels/videos to 50Hz 60Hz or Both

When you zap between channels, assuming you have channels with different framerate 50Hz and 60Hz, TV will switch between these 2 mode without probem, the problem is that in between since you are in menu TV will switch to mode (framerate) set by Video output, which causes a lot of switch back and forth between 50 and 60

Assuming you set TV to 720/50Hz, and you have autoframerate 24Hz/50Hz/60Hz, when you zap from channel 60Hz to 60Hz:
you go from 50Hz (menu)
Then 60Hz (channel)
once you click on another 60Hz channel, TV goes to 50Hz (thinks it's in menu) then switch back to 60Hz channel.
TV completely goes black between each switch due to many things setting framerate.
I suggest to avoid that much confusion when setting framerate, I know enigma2 boxes like dreamboxes and the way they set framerate is easy. like in picture
TV will switch between 50 and 60 based on channel only, it wont change in between because menu has to be either 50 or 60Hz
You may make it like video output: 1080/720 without Hz
Autoframerate: the same 24 or 24/50 or 24/60 or 24/50/60

I hope you understand my request

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Jul 30, 2014, 8:01:16 AM7/30/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com