I correctly understood what Stalker Middleware is?

hg user

Aug 29, 2014, 4:05:45 AM8/29/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

First of all I'd like to understand if I correctly understand what Stalker Middleware is: a "program" that allows to distribute tv/radio streaming signals with an easy to use, centralized point of configurations and authentication.

The "client" has just one configuration, the Stalker Middleware address and it displays menus/streams as instructed by the server. AFAIK, the client is a webkit based browser (with a specific "stb" object inside) and receives html/css/javascript from the server.

Tv/radio channels streamed by Stalker must already be in a streaming format, no conversion is performed. Streams may be streaming channels freely available in the net, "subscription based" or "exchanged", or, as the official web site says, "yours".

I first met MAG 250 in northern Greece last week in a pub and I had a chat with the guy... I have an idea to propose to a client to update his internal tv distribution system (still based on analogic signals) but I first have to understand how to transform the DVB-T signals into a IPTV stream...

(I have some other questions too.... :-) )

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Aug 29, 2014, 9:28:20 AM8/29/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
You are right, except for the part about streaming. Stalker does stream tv channels. All that makes the portal - is send a URL of stream to the stb.

hg user

Aug 29, 2014, 10:31:34 AM8/29/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for confirmation, Aleksey.

About streaming, please help me understand better: the client receives an URL for an iptv streaming....this URL *MUST* point to the Stalker server or may point to any streaming server?

In the second case, how is authentication provided? I read about temporary addresses but I don't understand if clearly.

I'd like to do some tests. I have a linux server with a couple of DVB-T/S cards that I used to record tv programs with vdr software. I know there are plugins for this program to publish the video as multimedia streams. In the same server I may install Stalker and create a small IPTV provider at home :-)   Suggestion welcomed.

Thanks

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Sep 1, 2014, 8:13:16 AM9/1/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
this URL *MUST* point to the Stalker server or may point to any streaming server?
May point to any streaming server. But if you want auth protection this servers must be yours.

In the second case, how is authentication provided? I read about temporary addresses but I don't understand if clearly.
We have plugin for Wowza server and support Flussonic auth. Also we have solution for udpxy and vlc.