How to Achieve "Login with Google" with StackMob?

Rohit Ghatol

Feb 11, 2013, 11:29:09 PM2/11/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to login using a Google Account (especially Google Apps Account for a particular domain). Now Stackmob does not have this support out of the box.

What can we do to support "Login with Google"?

Cheers,
Rohit

Sid Maestre

Feb 12, 2013, 12:19:28 AM2/12/13
to Rohit Ghatol, stac...@googlegroups.com
Can you give more details? What are the requirements for the google login?

Is the user logging in so they can access data on Stackmob? Google? Or both?

Sent from my iPad

Rohit Ghatol

Feb 12, 2013, 12:46:50 AM2/12/13
to Sid Maestre, stac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sid,

Stackmob as an API - user.createUserWithFacebook(accessToken);

At the very basic, I am looking for something similar.
  1. Ability to Login with Google
  2. Gain access to User's Google Profile (email address)
  3. Ability to detect if User is already Logged In
  4. Ability to Logout from Google
I still want to use StackMob's User Object. The thing which is not clear is StackMob user has password field and they have apis for Login, Forgot Password.  How to I accomodate my requirement for "Login with Google" working with User Object?

Cheers,
Rohit
--
Director of Engineering Synerzip Softech
Mobile - 9923085006

http://www.linkedin.com/in/rohitghatol

David Brittain

Feb 14, 2013, 12:52:13 PM2/14/13
to Rohit Ghatol, Sid Maestre, stac...@googlegroups.com
I have a related question which is whether it is possible to integrate
singly (https://singly.com) sign in solution with stackmob? (which
would also solve Rohit's problem as they support google sign-in)

Dave
David Brittain
da...@paperetto.com

SidneyAllen

Feb 22, 2013, 8:47:02 PM2/22/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com
We've recently added support for Gigya which allows social sign in for many services like yahoo, google, linkedin foursquare, blogger, paypal, etc.

Check it out and let us know if this will work for you project.

Thanks
Sid

Rohit Ghatol

Feb 22, 2013, 9:14:44 PM2/22/13
to SidneyAllen, stac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sid,

This is definitely the right step ahead. The addon says the JavaScript support is coming up soon. I am primarily looking for the JS SDK Support. Can you comment on the ETA for that?

Cheers,
Rohit

Erick Tai

Mar 1, 2013, 12:42:35 PM3/1/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rohit!  We'll try to get something into your hands by next week for the JS SDK.  We'll keep you posted.

Erick

Erick Tai

Mar 6, 2013, 1:16:28 PM3/6/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com, SidneyAllen
Hi Rohit, would you like to beta test loginWithGigya support?  We're planning on releasing it soon but wanted you to take a look since you were eagerly awaiting it.  Because it's not officially released, I'll be linking you to work-in-progress branches in GitHub.

Docs - work in progress, but include loginWithGigya:

JS SDK - work in progress, includes loginWithGigya:

Erick

Erick Tai

Mar 6, 2013, 1:28:29 PM3/6/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com, SidneyAllen
Oops, the docs repo is private.  here's a public link to the Gigya docs:

Rohit Ghatol

Mar 6, 2013, 8:37:21 PM3/6/13
to Erick Tai, stac...@googlegroups.com, SidneyAllen
Hi Erick,

That would be simply great. Yes I would love to use Stackmob's Gigya, I like many of StackMob's feature but am unable to use StackMob and using Kinvey only due to the lack of OAuth for Google.

I tried the docs link, it does not work for me, also when I looked up the stackmob.js file, it does not show any reference to Google OAuth. I am interested in beta testing let me know what I have to do so that I could do OAuth Login with other provides like Google.

Cheers,
Rohit

Erick Tai

Mar 7, 2013, 4:35:42 PM3/7/13
to Rohit Ghatol, Erick Tai, stac...@googlegroups.com, SidneyAllen
Hi Rohit, here are the docs to our JS SDK:

You'll need to sign up for Gigya.  Through their SDK, you can login to Google.  Gigya will give you a token back, and you can use the Gigya token with StackMob.

Erick

Thomas van der Heijden

Apr 6, 2013, 6:51:20 PM4/6/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com, Rohit Ghatol, Erick Tai, SidneyAllen

Is there anyway of doing this ourselves server side?  Gigya is insanely expensive esp if you just want simple google/linkedin login.

Triet Bui Minh

Dec 14, 2013, 1:59:22 PM12/14/13
to stac...@googlegroups.com
So, can you confirm "Log in with Google" won't be supported by StackMob, and we must use Gigya intead?