Easier access to Native IOS API calls

Aaron Saunders

Dec 27, 2011, 4:56:10 PM12/27/11
to StackMob
trying to create native module for Appcelerator is more difficult then
it should be IMHO because the http calls in your API are specific to
each verb.

this now requires a complex parsing of the parameters passed into the
module and then a series of if-then statements to call the appropriate
underlying API.

also since the queue is not exposed it makes it difficult for me to
make the http request myself... I was thinking of modifying the
StackMob API, but not sure it is worth it because I will just get
burned each time you make your own changes

Jordan West

Dec 27, 2011, 5:15:19 PM12/27/11
to Aaron Saunders, StackMob
Hi Aaron,

What classes are you using to build your SDK? From your email, it sounds like you are basing it off the StackMob singleton. I would suggest using the lower-level StackMobRequest class which is parameterized by the HTTP verb and is what the singleton is built on top of. Using that class instead should prevent any need for complex conditional and parsing gymnastics. The stackmob singleton is probably not the ideal class to build an SDK on because it, itself, is the code of the high-level iOS SDK. As for the queue, for the same reason it is not exposed outside of the StackMob singleton, I would suggest your SDK manage its own request queue.

Jordan