Workshops this weekend

Darin Para Somma

Feb 20, 2013, 3:34:32 PM2/20/13
to sri-y...@googlegroups.com

Jai Sri Bhagavati

Dear friends and family, namaste!

Amma Sri Karunamayi's 2013 US Tour is approaching fast, and I will be sad to leave the area again for the four months of service of the tour, but will be sending blessings from the many powerful programs, pujas, and fire ceremonies I will be assisting in taking place for the benefit of our country, our people, and our world home.  Please mark your calendars for Her Holiness's programs here in DC June 21-23rd, Friday is Individual Blessings and Discourse day, Saturday is the full-day meditation retreat with yoga in the morning, and Sunday is the all powerful fire ceremony for world peace.

So I'm inviting you all to these last events before the sweet separation, hope you can make it.

Dharma Talk and Satsang at the home of Angela Cerkevich

Friday, Feb 22nd 6:30-8:30

Join a group of fellow practitioners for meditation, mindful asana, and a lively Dharma talk with Darin Somma, Yoga Director for SMVA trust, India. This private setting allows for intimate connection with others and with the teachings.

Please RSVP to Acerk...@gmail.com soon as space is limited.

This Satsang is on dana basis, "give what you feel and feel what you give".  Please consider how you can best honor the value of the event with your offering.

The Four Paths of Yoga, a afternoon lecture intensive at Flow Yoga Center (P st between 14th and 15th, next to Whole Foods)
Sunday, Feb 24th 2-4:30p
What is Yoga? In the West we associate "yoga" with asana, the practice of physical postures, but in the East "yoga" is usually referring to a mystical practice that only rarely involves asana practice. The full landscape of Yoga is a vast terrain that actually encompasses much more than most people know. Just like we navigate space with four directions, so too did the rishis tell us the four yogas corresponding with each cardinal direction, helping us to see that though our many approaches to union may appear very different, they all bring us to the same goal of yoga.  In this lecture workshop, you will learn about the greatness of the four paths of wisdom, service, meditation, and devotion, you will learn how to live a holistic and integrated yogic lifestyle, and learn how to honor others' paths as differing from yours only in appearance, allowing the feeling of union even with those who hold views very different from your own.
Please visit flowyogacenter.com (direct link here) to register, cost is $30, scholarships are available upon request.

I have a little bit of time left also if anyone is interested in private yoga consultation.  Events and classes are great opportunities for collective energy raising, but I am finding that the individual work that is possible through Yoga is very rewarding in a special way.  Because when healing happens, it happens for everyone.  So, I'm very happy to discuss with you anything, even if you don't specifically know what it is you're looking for yet.  Send me an email atpar...@gmail.com, and we'll schedule a phone conversation to see if a private session is right for you.

In service to this holy creation, God bless us always
darin para