Saving only changed properties

Aleksey Vasilyev

Nov 26, 2014, 6:34:23 AM11/26/14
to squ...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to save only changed properties?

David Whittaker

Nov 26, 2014, 2:00:54 PM11/26/14
to squ...@googlegroups.com
Squeryl does not track what has changed and try to issue incremental updates.  I think there are several problems with that approach ranging from a questionable performance benefit to strange merging issues if different fields in the same record are updated in another transaction.  If you really wanted it though, the most difficult aspect of implementing it would probably be checking which fields are dirty.  I remember that at least one user on the Lift list was doing this using Lift-Record which tracks dirty fields for you.