No implicit view available from Int => org.squeryl.CanLookup

des.m...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2015, 2:40:04 AM11/11/15
to Squeryl
I just tried moving from version 0.9.6-RC3 to 0.9.6-RC4 and I get the above exception anywhere I try to do a delete for a lookup by id. I also get this error if I use the recommended version 0.9.5-6. I cannot find documentation on CanLookup anywhere.

Peter Brant

Nov 14, 2015, 1:23:13 PM11/14/15
to Squeryl
Hi Des,

Make sure you have your Schema in scope when constructing your query.

Pete

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 8:40 AM, <des.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just tried moving from version 0.9.6-RC3 to 0.9.6-RC4 and I get the above exception anywhere I try to do a delete for a lookup by id. I also get this error if I use the recommended version 0.9.5-6. I cannot find documentation on CanLookup anywhere.

des.m...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 12:14:19 PM11/18/15
to Squeryl
Hi Pete

Yes I do already include my schema definition as it is a class in which I access a lot of my tables. Thus at the top I have

import ...MySchema._

where MySchema is an object that extends Schema.

Regards
Des

des.m...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 3:16:17 PM11/18/15
to Squeryl
Hi Pete

The problem was I was using CustomTypesMode instead of PrimitiveTypeMode as I had believed this to be the correct approach to adding a custom type - which I have since learned not to be the case. Once I reverted to using PrimitiveTypeMode the problem disappeared

Regards
Des