Ir al primer mensaje no leído

jkingsly77

no leída,
18 jun 2012, 3:30:00 p.m.18/6/12
para squad-le...@googlegroups.com

1st Game: Scenario 2 Bill S. (Germans) Darrell J. (Russians)

The first of two games played in Stalingrad resulted in a catastrophic fire which completely destroyed the Tractor Works building. Let this be a lesson to future Squad Leaders: clearly agree on rules before commencing game play and never play with matches in Russian factories. Nonetheless, by Turn 5 Bill, had completely evacuated the building and cleverly positioned his men on the Northeastern side of the building giving him a a good position for continued engagement. My Russian forces failed to seize the initiave and were likely to falter if the conflict was to continue. The round was eventually declared a draw.

German Turn 5, After DFPh

2nd Game: Scenario 2 Bill S. (Russians) Darrell J. (Germans)

After the first game Bill and I agreed to switch sides and try again. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I was impressed with Bill's setup of the Germans in game 1. As an experiment I vaguely duplicated it with some gimmicks; however, I failed to implement it correctly. My ill-fated setup proved to be my worst enemy. Veteran players will probably scoff.

Setup, Russian units still concealed. Remaining German ? counters are blanks.

With my units inflicting minimal casualties against the overwhelming Russian onslaught Bill quickly secured the Northwestern building and shattered resistance in the center. Bill's attack is precise, ferocious and deadly. The German leadership is reconsidering its level of competence...

Russian Turn 2, before DFPh, Prep Fire counters removed

German Turn 2 became an exercise in risk taking. With my western force completely destroyed by the Russian horde, I am forced to assault the factory. Bill has cleverly stashed his garrison forces in the center of the factory complex. During his previous AdPh he sent out single squads to prevent my advance.

End of German Turn 2 waiting for CC results

The tactic worked and my assaulting squads were destroyed in CC and ensuing Prep Fires. What's left of my decimated force is doomed to fade away into the hostile streets of Stalingrad. By the end of Russian Turn 3 practically nothing remains of my force. I strike my colors in shame and resign. Bill successfully exploited the vulnerabilities with my setup and practically walked unharassed to the Tractor Works taking a decisive, well earned victory in what has to be record time.

Russian Turn 3, Waiting for DFPh

Conclusion:
Obtaining and holding the initiative is critical in this scenario. In both games I attempted a more conservative strategy only to find myself hopelessly outmaneuvered. Weapon placement for either side is of paramount importance. For instance placing the German HMG with a good leader in Y8 for great defensive fires. Russian players must concern themselves with the lack of leaders and German players must carefully use their limited resources to reach the factory before the Russians re-unite. Overall, Scenario 2 is always fun but beware the Red Advance!

Darrell J.

billsoz

no leída,
19 jun 2012, 8:19:59 p.m.19/6/12
para squad-le...@googlegroups.com
I can't add much more to the AAR than what Darrell has posted already.  However, I can say that I can't take credit for the Russian setup in the Factory.  It was one I learned the hard way much the same as Darrell learned from me.  As often as I have used that setup I can only remember one time that it failed to do what it was designed to do, blast the German back to Berlin.  Darrel lost his 10-2 in CC followed by the 10-3 during the ensuing Russian PFPh in a 36 IFT attack and only a +1 TEM to save them.  The result was a KIA which ultimately crippled his entire attack.

My conclusion: The German must help the outer ring around the factory with forces from the German Assault team attacking the Factory.  The Russian, on the other hand must immediately begin advancing forward (Human Wave) with each APh/MPh, thereby creating many more targets than the German can concentrate on, esp if the Germans are firing from an upper level bldg (they would have to be if they attempt to fire 'over' any single story bldg).

Bill Soz

steiner

no leída,
20 jun 2012, 8:26:56 a.m.20/6/12
para squad-le...@googlegroups.com
I think Bill's Russian comments were most appropriate.  The Russian cannot play to conserve force.  He has to do a human wave charge to get as many squads as possible into the factory as reinforcements.  I'd sacrifice 24 Russian squads to get 3 into the factory.  Thats a Russian victory right there.  You dont get alot of Russian infantry for nothing!!
Phil

dpor...@cox.net

no leída,
30 ene 2013, 8:47:37 p.m.30/1/13
para squad-le...@googlegroups.com
Any chance you still have the vlog files for this. I would love to scroll through them to see how this game was played at a deeper level.

Thanks

Pvt Reese

billsoz

no leída,
9 feb 2013, 9:31:03 a.m.9/2/13
para squad-le...@googlegroups.com
Sory David,

I just checked and I don't have the logs anymore.  This was played awhile ago.

Bill
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar