External Tools

CJ Bryant

Jun 21, 2015, 7:52:48 PM6/21/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible, and if it is not please consider this a feature request, to add custom external tools to Spyder?

I would like, for example, to have a menu option or a shortcut key to launch doxygen or doxywizard against an open project.  Or even Sphinx (to be more pythonic).

I would think it would be easy enough to add a simple key->value pairing in a config file somewhere where teh ky could be a visible entry in a menu, and the value would be a command line to run.  An example might be:
Doxygen="doxygen Doxyfile" (and the software would then execute that command in the projects home directory.

I apologize if this is something which already exists, but thus far I am failing to find it.

Carlos Córdoba

Jun 21, 2015, 8:01:01 PM6/21/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is not possible right now, but we are working to let people extend Spyder using third-party plugins for our next major version, i.e. Spyder 3.0.

Cheers,
Carlos