Semi-Automatic Docstring?

Han Jo

Sep 17, 2016, 9:25:08 AM9/17/16
to spyder
Dear all,

I didn't find a feature or discussion about it. Is there already a way to generate a docstring for a function?

E.g. when I have the function get_sum(x) with the variable x I want spyder to generate a docstring directly under the function definition. It could be something like this:

"""

Parameters:
x: TYP HERE
    DESCR HERE
"""

Cheers,

Carlos Córdoba

Sep 17, 2016, 9:39:07 AM9/17/16
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We don't have this functionality, sorry.

Cheers,
Carlos

Han Jo

Sep 17, 2016, 1:18:30 PM9/17/16
to spyder
For future references, there was actually an issue on github:

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/2177

Gonzalo Peña-Castellanos

Oct 12, 2016, 5:50:10 PM10/12/16
to spyder
As part of the refactoring job for 4.0, this is going to be included as a functionality to be extended in the code editor via plugins.

Cheers