[ANN] Spyder 3.2.5 is released!

Carlos Córdoba

Dec 25, 2017, 7:03:18 PM12/25/17
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I’m pleased to announce that Spyder 3.2.5 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes 10 weeks after version 3.2.4 and it adds the following new features:

  • IPython Console

    • Improve kernel startup time.
    • Add option to show kernel elapsed time.
    • Add button and option to remove all user-defined variables.
    • Load %autoreload magic at kernel startup to make changes to modules take effect instantly in the console.
    • Use cloudpickle to serialize/deserialize data between kernels and Spyder.
  • Variable Explorer

    • Add support for datetime.timedelta objects.
  • Under the hood

    • Add pyqt5 as a new wheel dependency.
    • Add a new --hide-console option and deprecate --show-console on Windows.

In this release we fixed 45 issues and merged 54 pull requests that amount to more than 200 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don’t forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project Github website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!
Carlos