python plotting and visual module

jhanly

May 1, 2017, 2:09:14 PM5/1/17
to spyder
I've been running python scripts and plotting using "from pylab import plot,show" and all works great in either the python or ipython window. Yesterday I tried a new script with "from visual import sphere" instruction.  I loaded vpython and visual into my python distribution.  But when I try to run this script I get the following message:   SystemExit: This program needs access to the screen.
Please run with a Framework build of python, and only when you are
logged in on the main display of your Mac.

I am clueless as to my next step.  Is this a spyder question or just a python question.

thanks

jhanly

May 2, 2017, 11:57:22 AM5/2/17
to spyder
I tried using the VISUAL module again but this time with another application.  I got same results so it appears that this is not a Spyder problem.  Plotting works fine using matplotlib but not visual.

jhanly

May 2, 2017, 11:57:22 AM5/2/17
to spyder
if anyone has used the VISUAL module (comes with VPython) please let me know if it worked and how you used it.