[ANN] Spyder 3.0 fifth public beta release

瀏覽次數:223 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Carlos Córdoba

未讀,
2016年8月22日 上午11:09:022016/8/22
收件者:spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

On the behalf of Spyder’s development team (https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/graphs/contributors), I’m pleased to announce the fifth beta of our next major version: Spyder 3.0.

We’ve been working on this version for more than two years now and as far as we know it’s working very well. There are still several bugs to squash but we encourage all
people who like the bleeding edge to give it a try. This beta version is released seven weeks after our fourth one and it includes almost 100 commits.

Spyder 3.0 comes with several interesting and exciting new features. The most important ones are:

  • Support for much more programming languages: Spyder relies now on the excellent Pygments library to provide syntax highlight and suggest code completions in the Editor, for all programming languages supported by it.
  • A new file switcher: Spyder 3.0 will come with a fancy file switcher, very similar in spirit to the one present in Sublime Text. This is a dialog to select among the open
    files in the Editor, by doing a fuzzy search through their names. It also lets users to view the list of classes, methods and functions defined in the current file, and select
    one of them. This dialog is activated with Ctrl+P.
  • A Numpy array graphical builder: Users who need to create NumPy arrays in Spyder for matrices and vectors can do it now in a graphical way by pressing Ctrl+M in the Editor or the Consoles. This will open an empty 2D table widget to be filled with the data required by the user.
  • A new icon theme based on FontAwesome.
  • A new set of default pane layouts for those coming from Rstudio or Matlab (under View > Window layouts).
  • A simpler and more intuitive way to introduce keyboard shortcuts.
  • Support for PyQt5, which fixes problems in MacOS X and in high definition screens.

For a complete list of changes, please see here:

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/wiki/Beta-version-changelog

You can easily install this beta if you use Anaconda by running:

conda update qt pyqt
conda install -c qttesting qt pyqt
conda install -c spyder-ide spyder==3.0.0b5

Or you can use pip with this command:

pip install --pre -U spyder

Enjoy!
-Carlos

Tim Michelsen

未讀,
2016年8月23日 下午4:00:172016/8/23
收件者:spyd...@googlegroups.com
> You can easily install this beta if you use Anaconda by running:
>
> |conda update qt pyqt conda install -c qttesting qt pyqt conda install -c
> spyder-ide spyder==3.0.0b5 |
>
> Or you can use pip with this command:
>
> |pip install --pre -U spyder |
How can the plugins be installed which are under
https://github.com/spyder-ide?page=1?

just download & put under the dir
~/.spyder-py3/plugins

or will there be a machanism?

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

未讀,
2016年8月25日 上午10:24:592016/8/25
收件者:spyder

Tim Michelsen

未讀,
2016年9月4日 下午2:40:382016/9/4
收件者:spyd...@googlegroups.com
There is some confusion:
* spyder itself creates a folder "plugins"

Above website mentiones:
* ${HOME}/.spyder/userplugins/
* ${HOME}/.spyder/spyplugins

What is the name it should have?

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

未讀,
2016年9月5日 凌晨4:20:122016/9/5
收件者:spyder
It's "plugins". I fixed the wiiki page.

Sorry about the confusion, the name was changed manytimes.

Tim Michelsen

未讀,
2016年9月5日 晚上8:09:422016/9/5
收件者:spyd...@googlegroups.com
Am 05.09.2016 um 10:20 schrieb Joseph Martinot-Lagarde:
> It's "plugins". I fixed the wiiki page.
>
> Sorry about the confusion, the name was changed manytimes.
No issues.

Here's my folder:

~/.spyder-py3/plugins $ ls
insgesamt 12K
drwxr-xr-x 5 timmie timmie 4,0K Aug 22 21:58 spyder.autopep8
drwxr-xr-x 3 timmie timmie 4,0K Aug 22 22:02 spyder.conda-manager
drwxr-xr-x 5 timmie timmie 4,0K Aug 22 21:58 spyder.unittest

Now, how can I use the plugins? Do they have dedicated menus?

Jitse Niesen

未讀,
2016年9月6日 凌晨4:53:272016/9/6
收件者:spyder
The plugins are in a state of flux. I worked on the unittest plugin in the weekend, and the following instructions should work on Linux. You need Spyder 3.0 beta 6 and the latest version of spyder.unittest from Git. The plugin directory in beta 6 on Linux is ~/.config/spyder/plugins . Then, you need to copy the spyder_unittesting folder inside spyder.unittest to the plugin directory. The resulting folder is:

igor:~/.config/spyder-py3/plugins$ ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jitse amt 57 Sep  6  2016 spyder_autopep8 -> /home/amsta/jitse/scratch/spyder.autopep8/spyder_autopep8/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jitse amt 52 Sep  6  2016 spyder_conda -> /home/amsta/jitse/scratch/conda-manager/spyder_conda/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jitse amt 60 Sep  6 09:23 spyder_unittesting -> /home/amsta/jitse/scratch/spyder.unittest/spyder_unittesting/

I used link instead of copy, but that should not make a difference. When you start spyder, you should see an option "Run unit tests" in the "Run" menu. Just to dampen expectations, the plugin is not in a finished state.

The autopep8 and conda plugins do not seem to be working with Spyder beta 6 at the moment. It may help to run spyder with the command SPYDER_DEBUG=1 spyder in order to see exceptions raised while initializing the plugins.

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

未讀,
2016年9月6日 清晨5:10:112016/9/6
收件者:spyder
Yes, I have to update some imports to make the plugins work again. You can see the exceptions in the internal console too.

Each plugin is used differently, but most add a menu entry in Source or Run. Sadly they don't appear in the panes menu. I have to put some documentation. Too many things to do !

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

未讀,
2016年9月6日 清晨5:35:192016/9/6
收件者:spyder
Actually, the plugins are already documented ! Look at the repo for each plugin on github for more informations.

I also have to update the pypi versions

Carlos Córdoba

未讀,
2016年9月6日 上午10:55:592016/9/6
收件者:spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joseph,

Since I won't do more API breakage (promised!), please create pip packages for your plugins :-) I'll help you with the conda packages
after I release 3.0 final.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 06/09/16 a las 04:35, Joseph Martinot-Lagarde escribió:

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息