[ANN] Spyder 3.2.7 is released!

Carlos Córdoba

Feb 25, 2018, 11:34:58 AM2/25/18
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I’m pleased to announce that Spyder 3.2.7 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes 6 weeks after version 3.2.6 and it adds the following new features:

  • Main Window

    • Improve the interface to report errors to Github.
  • Variable Explorer

    • Enable the display of many more Numpy array types.
  • Editor

    • Copy text from the search field to the replace one after pressing Tab.
  • IPython console

    • Make %edit foo.py open foo.py in the Editor on Windows.
  • Find in Files

    • Remove items from the Search in list when hovering over them and pressing Del.
    • Add a Clear this list option below Select other directory.
  • Under the hood

    • Demand PyQt less than 5.10 for our wheels.

In this release we fixed 30 issues and merged 49 pull requests that amount to almost 300 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don’t forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project Github website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!
Carlos

Big Stone

Feb 25, 2018, 3:57:38 PM2/25/18
to spyder
Dear Spyder team,

Thanks a lot for this new stable release.

When shall we  expect 4.0 beta1  ?

Carlos Córdoba

Feb 25, 2018, 4:45:17 PM2/25/18
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We still need to make one more bugfix version (3.2.8) to fix several critical problems (ugly memory leaks in the Variable Explorer and some problems with our Cython support), and then we'll focus our efforts in Spyder 4 (which still has a long way to be ready).

Cheers,
Carlos