Mark line

Marc Hauser

Jul 12, 2016, 2:15:53 AM7/12/16
to spyder
Is there a way to simply mark a line?  Like, it highlights errors in a panel, I was wondering if I could mark my own line in addition to the errors it automatically points out.

Thanks.

Jitse Niesen

Jul 12, 2016, 2:46:20 PM7/12/16
to spyder
On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 07:15:53 UTC+1, Marc Hauser wrote:
Is there a way to simply mark a line?  Like, it highlights errors in a panel, I was wondering if I could mark my own line in addition to the errors it automatically points out.

Lines with a comment containing TODO, FIXME, XXX, HINT, TIP or @todo are marked in blue in the margin immediately to the right of the code and with a blue tick mark to the left of the line numbers in the left margin, assuming you have the corresponding option in the Preferences set (Preferences | Editor | Code introspection/analysis | Code annotations).

Hope this helps,
Jitse

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

Jul 18, 2016, 9:30:24 AM7/18/16
to spyder
You could also double-clic in the margin to add a breakpoint for quick'n'dirty line marking, they are ignored when the file is run normally. But it would interfere if you use debugging.

Gonzalo Peña-Castellanos

Oct 12, 2016, 5:16:01 PM10/12/16
to spyder
Hi Marc if you have a specific request you can file an issue on github https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder

And perhaps paste some screenshots of what you had in mind (or what other IDEs/tools do)

Cheers