How to start two instances of Spyder with Python 2.7 & Python 3.4?

Ramprasad G

Feb 6, 2015, 1:41:57 AM2/6/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

I had spyder installed with Python 3.4 on Windows Vista about two months ago.

Today I wanted to run spyder with Python 2.7. So, went through this post & installed Python 2.7 for Spyder

conda create -n python2 python=2.7 anaconda

Have activated it
activate python2

Now, how do I start spyder with Python 2.7 instead of the default 3.4?

*Discussion on StackOverflow

Carlos Córdoba

Feb 6, 2015, 9:09:13 PM2/6/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
HI,

Just run

    spyder

after the activate step. That's all.

Cheers,
Carlos

Ramprasad G

Feb 16, 2015, 12:34:08 AM2/16/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos, thanks for the response.

I had done a complete system search to find python27 files, but it failed. Later on, learnt about
conda info -e

which showed path for python27 files and then I could start spyder from it's Scripts folder. That solved my problem.

Cheers!

Carlos Córdoba

Feb 16, 2015, 9:46:00 AM2/16/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Glad you make it work the way you wanted to.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 16/02/15 a las 00:34, Ramprasad G escribió:
Message has been deleted

Adrian Zambrano

May 13, 2015, 7:52:03 AM5/13/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
I want to run spyder sometime using Python2.7 and sometimes 3.4, right now when I type spyder, 2.7 starts by default how can i change this? this is linux, i installed through anaconda

thanks

Adrian Klaver

May 13, 2015, 9:54:43 AM5/13/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
On 05/13/2015 04:50 AM, Adrian Zambrano wrote:
> I want to run spyder sometime using Python2.7 and sometimes 3.4, right
> now when I type spyder, 2.7 starts by default how can i change this?

Tools --> Preferences --> Console --> Advanced Settings --> Python
executable

> thanks
>
> On Friday, 6 February 2015 07:41:57 UTC+1, Ramprasad G wrote:
>
> I had spyder installed with Python 3.4 on Windows Vista about two
> months ago.
>
> Today I wanted to run spyder with Python 2.7. So, went through this
> post
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24405561/how-to-install-2-anacondas-python-2-7-and-3-4-on-mac-os-10-9> &
> installed Python 2.7 for Spyder
>

> conda create -n python2 python=2.7anaconda
> |

> Have activated it
> |
> activate python2
> |

> Now, how do I start spyder with Python 2.7 instead of the default 3.4?
>
> *Discussion on StackOverflow
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28318322/how-to-start-two-instances-of-spyder-with-python-2-7-python-3-4>
>
> --

Adrian Klaver