It seems the kernel died unexpectedly. Use 'Restart kernel' to continue using this console. Spyder

Christos Chatzichristos

Nov 5, 2014, 9:58:10 AM11/5/14
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hallo to everyone, i am quite new at Python so i like using Spyder which resembles a lot to me Matlab and offers the possibility of breakpoints and variables explorer which are really useful for debugging. But i face a strange error - problem. Whenever i try to import a package for 3d visualisation i receive an error such as :It seems the kernel died unexpectedly. Use 'Restart kernel' to continue using this console.
I receive this error for example when i am trying

from dipy.viz import fvtk
or
from import mayavi.mlab as mmlab

when i execute the same commands from canopy or ipython i do not have an error so it is something with Spyder, but i really like the debugging options offered by Spyder so i would like to solve this problem
I am using Python 2.7.8 64 bits and Spyder 2.3.1
Thanks for your time

Adrian Klaver

Nov 5, 2014, 4:46:20 PM11/5/14
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
On 11/05/2014 06:58 AM, Christos Chatzichristos wrote:
> Hallo to everyone, i am quite new at Python so i like using Spyder which
> resembles a lot to me Matlab and offers the possibility of breakpoints
> and variables explorer which are really useful for debugging. But i face
> a strange error - problem. Whenever i try to import a package for 3d
> visualisation i receive an error such as :It seems the kernel died
> unexpectedly. Use 'Restart kernel' to continue using this console.
> I receive this error for example when i am trying
>
> from dipy.viz import fvtk

Well the above works for me using Spyder 2.3.1 on openSUSE 13.1(64bit)
using Python 2.7.6

> or
> from import mayavi.mlab as mmlab
> when i execute the same commands from canopy or ipython i do not have an
> error so it is something with Spyder, but i really like the debugging
> options offered by Spyder so i would like to solve this problem
> I am using Python 2.7.8 64 bits and Spyder 2.3.1

We are going to need more information:

1) What OS(and version) are you using?

2) How did you install Spyder, dipy and mayavi?

3) Are you just importing the above packages or more?

4) Is there any traceback info?

5) If you start Spyder from a terminal, do you see any errors in the
terminal?

> Thanks for your time
>
> --

Adrian Klaver
adrian...@aklaver.com

Christos Chatzichristos

Nov 12, 2014, 8:46:13 AM11/12/14
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
1. I use Mac OSX 10.9.4
2. I installed Spyder following the instructions from the site, and the modules from easy instal
3. Yes the error occurs if i just import those packages, even on command line or terminal
4. No just the message i posted
5. if i press open Spyder.app at the path where Spyder is located from the Terminal i receive the following

Adrian Klaver

Nov 12, 2014, 11:33:14 AM11/12/14
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
On 11/12/2014 05:46 AM, Christos Chatzichristos wrote:
> 1. I use Mac OSX 10.9.4
> 2. I installed Spyder following the instructions from the site, and the
> modules from easy instal
> 3. Yes the error occurs if i just import those packages, even on command
> line or terminal

Now I am confused. Earlier you said these imports worked in Canopy or
IPython. I am not aware you cam import directly into a terminal, so what
are you referring to when you say the import fails?

> 4. No just the message i posted
> 5. if i press open Spyder.app at the path where Spyder is located from
> the Terminal i receive the following

Seems Spyder is having locale issues. I am not a OS X user so I am not
going to be much help there.

> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-a7n8L0UgPs8/VGNkgYrDGTI/AAAAAAAAAAc/xScTbw8xv8M/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2014-11-12%2Bat%2B14.56.16.png>

Also, please next time do an actual cut and paste instead of a
screenshot. The content travels better.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian...@aklaver.com

Christos Chatzichristos

Nov 13, 2014, 5:54:06 AM11/13/14
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I meant the Python console inside Python not terminal my mistake

Minh Tai Le

Jul 22, 2015, 9:34:03 AM7/22/15
to spyder
I fixed this problem. You should not use 'cv2.TM_CCOEFF' method.

Vào 19:54:06 UTC+9 Thứ Năm, ngày 13 tháng 11 năm 2014, Christos Chatzichristos đã viết: