Running script with a custom command

Vaclav Petras

May 19, 2015, 9:26:29 AM5/19/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm looking for a feature which I think was available but I don't see it in Spyder 2.3.0. I was using Run (file) and set in configure a custom command which should be executed. Now in run configuration I can select different interpreters within Spyder or terminal but I cannot specify my custom command.

I have two use cases, C program which I need to run which loads the Python file later on. I think this was possible before but it is not now.

Second use case is a program which takes a script a parameter. This could be done using the previous approach or by option which allows to specify the actual call like `myprogram -itsoptions {current_filename}`.

Is it possible to do this in Spyder now? If not should I open a feature request?

Thanks,
Vaclav