console started from Spyder does not run Django server

Craig Williams

Jan 13, 2017, 9:17:54 AM1/13/17
to spyder
I am working through setting up Django and have been using the Spyder IDE for my other learning/dev work.

I set up the django project, migrated the db, all is good.

When I type

python manage.py runserver

or

python manage.py runserver 127.0.0.1:8000

I get no response. It just sits there.
Ctrl+C shows the heart symbol.

I can open another console (for example, Anaconda) and it works.
Both of these are inside my virtual environment.

Baffled but moving on in the other command prompt.
Any help is appreciated.

Craig

Carlos Córdoba

Jan 13, 2017, 9:22:46 AM1/13/17
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One of our junior developers is working to create a plugin to embed a system terminal inside Spyder. Until that plugin is ready, I'm afraid you have to open a terminal outside Spyder and run those commands there to start the Django server.

Cheers,
Carlos

Craig Williams

Jan 13, 2017, 3:58:32 PM1/13/17
to spyder
Thanks.
Sorry for submitting the question twice, I was distracted when I hit POST the first time and didn't see the message about review.

Craig