Printing from Spyder editor with dark color scheme does not work

Clay Davidson

Apr 27, 2018, 12:08:40 PM4/27/18
to spyder
Hi guys.....not complaining. I suspect there are higher priority bugs.
Just wanting to let you know about a problem in case you do not already know.
I did a cursory search but nothing popped up. Perhaps I used poor search terms. Beats me.

I am using Spyder 3.28 on Windows Server 2016 datacenter as my desktop (as a learning tool).
This runs what is basically Windows 10 as a user interface.

Not sure if this has anything to do with my particular OS or not. Just giving facts.

I tried to print some code out and found that it was unreadable.
It seems to try to print a dark background behind all the text but a white background everywhere else.
Not sure what is going on but it is a mess. Unusable. See below for screen print.

The easy work around is to switch color scheme to the default spyder black text on white background.
Text prints out fine from that setup.

As I said, I am not complaining. Just giving you facts that you may not already have.
If this is already well known, feel free to send this to the bit bucket.
Enjoy the product and will continue to use it.
Appreciate the work.

Clay Davidson

Auto Generated Inline Image 1