jumps not possible during post mortem debugging - problem with spyder or not?

Markus Hofinger

May 12, 2015, 12:46:03 PM5/12/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

first of all thank you for spyder, I really like this tool a lot :)

What I wanted to ask is the following:
I have a more or less generic Exception Handler for my programs, that allows me to choose if I want to Exit/Ignore/Debug an exception once it occurs.
It uses post mortem debugging to enter debug mode once the exception occurred.

However, I can't manage it to use the jump command in pdb once the post mortem debugger has started.
It always says:
    *** Jump failed: f_lineno can only be set by a line trace function
Is this an issue that comes from the combination of postmortem + spyder? Or am I just using it the wrong way?

I'm currently using Winpython 2.7.6.2 (Spyder 2.2.5) and also tried it with Winpython 2.7.9.4 (Spyder 2.3.4), but it did not make any difference.

Another thing that coming from a similar corner:
  Would it be possible to add an extra symbol, like an arrow or so, next to the line where the debugger is currently executing?
  Because right now there is no visual differentiation between a normally selected line and the line the debugger currently points to.
  This means that clicking into the code immediately shows a different line as the current line.
  In the best case moving this symbol/arrow could directly drive the jump command of the debugger.
  That would be such an awesome and extremely useful feature during debugging :) :) :)

Regards
Markus
SimpleDialogExamples.zip

Andrei