Help Pane (formerly Object Inspector) Doesn't Work

Josh Pruett

Jul 7, 2017, 12:14:34 AM7/7/17
to spyder
Using Spyder 3.1.4 Command I after an object does not bring up results in the Help Pane and I do not get an 'insert text' mouse pointer when hovering over the Object field above the Help Pane.

I've tried closing the panel and reopening it, but as of right now do not see anyway to pull up any sort of object help in Spyder.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Josh

Richard Barry

Nov 13, 2017, 11:33:07 AM11/13/17
to spyder
Hi, Josh.

I am having this same problem.  In Spyder 2.2.5 I could just put a dot after any variable in my python console and a list of possible methods would pop up next to it.  Now, in Spyder 3.2.4 that does not work.

For instance, if I set

x=3.14159

in my S2.2.5 console, I can type

x. and immediately be giving a list of built-in methods that I can use on that float.

This functionality seems to be gone now.  Not sure why.  The help pane that replaced the object inspector does not give such help even when I make the indicated adjustments in the preferences>help pane.

Rich