console?

Doug Epling

Feb 6, 2018, 7:57:46 PM2/6/18
to spyder
I just started using Spyder, and I am a bit confused on what is probably a minor point.  On the front page of the main Spyder documentation, there are three separate links to a topic related to console.  I understand the links to IPython and to internal console.  It is the system console I wonder about.  Is there a way to spawn a system terminal from within Spyder?

Carlos Córdoba

Feb 6, 2018, 7:59:28 PM2/6/18
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but you need to install an external package called spyder-terminal for that:

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder-terminal

Cheers,
Carlos

El 06/02/18 a las 19:09, Doug Epling escribió:
I just started using Spyder, and I am a bit confused on what is probably a minor point.  On the front page of the main Spyder documentation, there are three separate links to a topic related to console.  I understand the links to IPython and to internal console.  It is the system console I wonder about.  Is there a way to spawn a system terminal from within Spyder?

Doug Epling

Feb 7, 2018, 4:51:05 PM2/7/18
to spyder
Gracias, Carlos