Active tab in editor

Joseph Barraud

Aug 23, 2016, 9:14:02 AM8/23/16
to spyder
Hi,

I really like Spyder and I have been using it for many years now. However, there is one particular issue that I find a little bit annoying: when I have more than four or five files open in the editor (I can easily have more than 20 files open sometimes), then the active tab is always the one on the right end of the editor window. Somehow the active tab is forced to be the last one on the right-hand side. That means it can be very difficult to switch back and forth between two neighbouring tabs: if I click on a tab on the left-hand side, it automatically slides all the way to the right, hiding the previously active tab. If I want to bring back the previous tab, then I have to either scroll with the mouse wheel, or click on the small arrow on the right.

Has this issue been raised already? Is there any plan to fix it?

Thanks.
Joseph

Joseph Martinot-Lagarde

Sep 5, 2016, 4:27:21 AM9/5/16
to spyder
I have the same issue but never bothered to actually report it. Issues are lsited on github: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues. To create a new one the best way is to use the entry in the Help menu inside spyer.