Help for pandas not available?

Hepta

Sep 12, 2017, 5:11:23 PM9/12/17
to spyder
Hi there!
Is it normal, that there is no help/documentation available inside Spyder for Pandas? Do I have to install something separately to get Spyder to display the documentation of Pandas?
-
Hepta

Dan Codiga

Sep 14, 2017, 12:11:53 PM9/14/17
to spyder
Hepta,

In Spyder when I enter

   import pandas as pd

in to the IPython console and then type

   pd(

the help window shows:

   pandas - a powerful data analysis and manipulation library for Python

   See http://pandas.pydata.org/ for full documentation. Otherwise, see the docstrings of the various objects in the pandas namespace:

   Series DataFrame Panel Index DatetimeIndex HDFStore bdate_range date_range read_csv read_fwf read_table ols

And if I type

   pd.Series(

then I see the docstrings for the Series function.

If you don't have this behavior, then try checking the "Editor" and "IPython Console" boxes in the Help section of Preferences.

Hope this helps
Dan