PYTHONPATHMANAGER in Spyder with Anaconda under Debian 8

leopold zyka

Jan 8, 2016, 7:27:30 AM1/8/16
to spyder
Dear python gurus,

I am a beginner in Python.
I run Debian 8 in a virtual box and installed Anaconda.
Running Spyder I have a problem that modules like "requests" which I installed with conda
cannot be found in Spyder.
I assume I have to set the path using PYTHONPATHMANAGER in Spyder.
Unfortunately I cannot set a path to the Anaconda Site-Packages because the whole root tree is disabled.

How can I work with Spyder using Anaconda for Python management ?

thank you very much !
Leopold

Uwe Fechner

Jan 8, 2016, 9:59:05 AM1/8/16
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I use the following script to activate a conda environment and launch spyder:

#!/bin/bash
# added by Miniconda 3.3.0 installer
export PATH="/home/ufechner/miniconda/bin:$PATH"
#!/bin/bash
# added by Miniconda 3.3.0 installer
export PATH="/home/ufechner/miniconda/bin:$PATH"

source /home/ufechner/miniconda/bin/activate numba2 >> /home/ufechner/error.log
spyder

Just copy paste this into a file like spyder.sh, replace ufechner with your username and
"numba2" with the name of your conda environment.
Furthermore you might have to replace the name "miniconda" with the name of the directory,
where you installed conda.

Then type:
chmod +x spyder.sh

and create a link to spyder.sh on your desktop, if you like that.

There might be easier ways to do this, but this approach works for me.

Uwe Fechner