Difference in result displayed by "nice" and "regular" printing using ipython console

Alexander Lindsay

Jan 15, 2016, 6:34:10 PM1/15/16
to spyder
Hi, I just started using spyder today. Really liking it! However, I did run into one annoyance. I'm getting a different result for the following operation when using "nice" vs "regular" printing in the ipython console. These are symbolic operations using sympy:

Why the difference? Obviously I prefer nice printing, but I want the second expression to be printed, not the first. I doubt that this is a bug in spyder; I assume it's in sympy, but I just want to confirm.

Alex
Auto Generated Inline Image 1