Nice talk

Adrian Klaver

Jul 28, 2015, 8:42:28 PM7/28/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Carlos, thumbs up on your talk at SciPy 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0r7FsDZU9s&index=45&list=PLYx7XA2nY5Gcpabmu61kKcToLz0FapmHu

So is docrepr something we will be seeing in Spyder?

Or is already there and I missed it?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian...@aklaver.com

Carlos Córdoba

Jul 29, 2015, 10:01:44 AM7/29/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I plan to integrate docrepr in Spyder 3.0 (to be released in 4 or 5 months). It will replace our currrent code to render docstrings as html pages in the Object Inspector.

Cheers,
Carlos

Adrian Klaver

Jul 29, 2015, 10:08:15 AM7/29/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
On 07/29/2015 07:01 AM, Carlos Córdoba wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thank you very much for your kind words!
>
> I plan to integrate docrepr in Spyder 3.0 (to be released in 4 or 5
> months). It will replace our currrent code to render docstrings as html
> pages in the Object Inspector.

Great, looking forward to it.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian...@aklaver.com

André Roberge

Jul 29, 2015, 3:01:40 PM7/29/15
to spyder, ccord...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 11:01:44 UTC-3, Carlos Córdoba wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I plan to integrate docrepr in Spyder 3.0 (to be released in 4 or 5 months). It will replace our currrent code to render docstrings as html pages in the Object Inspector.

Very nice.  It reminded of a project that I did 6 years ago (docpicture).  You can see an example by downloading the page linked from Update2 on http://aroberge.blogspot.ca/2008/10/docpicture-svg-generation-first.html

At the time, I had to save that linked page as an xhtml document (so that the svg code could be generated properly) - as a result, instead of opening in the browser, the page is downloaded on the user's computer.  Opening it with a browser (I just checked with Chrome to see if it still works) displays the result.

Perhaps you can get additional ideas from that old project...

André

Carlos Córdoba

Jul 29, 2015, 4:38:18 PM7/29/15
to André Roberge, spyder