ANN: Spyder 2.3.4 is released!

Carlos Córdoba

Mar 21, 2015, 8:53:24 PM3/21/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

On the behalf of Spyder’s development team (https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/AUTHORS),
I’m pleased to announce that Spyder 2.3.4 has been released and is available for
Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release represents almost one month of development since version 2.3.3 and
introduces several new features:

  • Debugging
    • After pressing the Debug button (or Ctrl+F5) move to the first breakpoint
  • IPython Console
    • Drop support for Sympy versions less than 0.7.3
  • Python Console
    • Remove support to run system commands with ! (like !diff)
  • Editor
    • Accept drops from compressed files on Windows

We also fixed almost 30 bugs and merged 6 pull requests. For a full list of fixes
see our changelog: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/CHANGELOG.md

This is going to be the last release in 2.3 series. Very soon we are going to
release the first beta of our next major release (expected to be ready on July!)

Don’t forget to follow Spyder updates/news:

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an
efficient scientific development/computing environment. Join us to help creating
your favorite environment!

Enjoy!
-Carlos

Carlos Córdoba