Spyder - connecting from MacOS to Linux remote kernel

dsno...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 11:38:05 AM6/23/17
to spyder
Hi folks,

I have 2 machines - MacOS Sierra and CentOS Linux - both with the same Anaconda distribution installed and with Spyder 3.14 available on both.

I would like to connect from Spyder on MacOS to the Linux remote kernel so that I execute python scripts on Linux from my Mac.

I have Googled this topic extensively and I have not seen how to do this documented anywhere.

Could someone please kindly explain to me step-by-step how to do this?  Tobi's screenshot contained in this topic shows what I want to do, but I need a Linux-specific example, including how to identify/locate the kernel on Linux for entering this info into the "Connect to an existing Kernel" dialog box.

Thanks in advance.

John