Future module and Spyder incompatible?

Yishai Elyada

Jul 18, 2016, 4:53:02 PM7/18/16
to spyder
Hi,

I've been grapping with this issue for the better part of a day now, I think I have finally found the root of it.

Basically, I've been trying to install Python (X,Y) and adding a few modules to it to run a dependent package. At some point along the installation, Spyder would stop starting when I started it. The problem is that installing future ('pip install future') overwrites some of the dependencies of Spyder, so when you run it from the command window you get some errors or a crashed cmd console (this is all Win7). Right now I can't even get the error output because the cmd window keeps crashing.

A simple 'pip uninstall future' gets rid of the issue. What do you think could be done?

Thanks,
Yishai