Python documentation from Spyder Help menu

Greg Bullock

Jul 16, 2015, 6:28:56 PM7/16/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the great tool.

Is there a way to get Python documentation from the Spyder Help menu?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't know if this is a Spyder 2.3.5.2 thing or a Python(x, y) 2.7.10.0 thing, but when installed with Python(x, y) 2.7.9.0 and earlier, Spyder's Help menu had an option to display Python documentation, complete with a Tutorial, Language Reference, Library Reference, and more. After installing Python(x, y) 2.7.10.0 (with Spyder 2.3.5.2), I no longer see that option.  Is there some way I can add it again?

Carlos Córdoba

Jul 16, 2015, 6:32:15 PM7/16/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We try to detect if the docs are present to create those menu entries. So maybe the latest PythonXY doesn't include them anymore.

Cheers,
Carlos

Greg Bullock

Jul 16, 2015, 11:49:25 PM7/16/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.  I'll report to the PythonXY group.

It sounds like if I put a copy of the file in the right location, then Spyder's Help menu will make it available.  Excellent!