[ANN] Spyder 3.0 first public beta release

Carlos Córdoba

Aug 2, 2015, 3:58:52 PM8/2/15
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On the behalf of Spyder's development team (https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/graphs/contributors),
I'm pleased to announce the first beta of our next major version: Spyder 3.0.

We've been working on this version for about 10 months now and as far as we know
it's working very well. There are still several bugs to squash but we encourage all
people who like the bleeding edge to give it a try.

Perhaps the most important feature of this release is that it comes with support for
PyQt5. It also comes with several other important and interesting enhancements
to our graphical interface. For a complete list, please see here:

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/wiki/Beta-version-changelog

This beta version is released a bit more than a month after our last stable release
(2.3.5.2) and it already contains several important bugfixes, specially regarding
viewing DataFrames in the Variable Explorer.

Enjoy!
-Carlos

John Lambert

Aug 3, 2015, 7:31:19 PM8/3/15
to spyder
Can this be rolled into a test Winpython distribution?  That would make it a lot easier for me to test out.

Thanks,
John

Big Stone

Aug 9, 2015, 4:31:11 AM8/9/15
to spyder
Hi John,

Spyder 3.0.0b1 is in WinPython-64bit-3.4.3.5Qt5.exe
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpython/files/WinPython_3.4/3.4.3.5

you may also include it in your existing Winpython with this wheel attached

        MD5                       SHA-1
de7af4de92b509a666ac887d382c358a 296d38a990849a270836dedd51ea6ad3c66030aa spyder-3.0.0.dev0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

spyder-3.0.0.dev0-py2.py3-none-any.whl